24 hours in Athens
From its ancient temples, to the agoras, the theatres to the acropolis, museums to flea markets, Athens, the capital of Greece is known to be a place soaked in history and wonders of Greek Mythology. Hellenic Private Tours, one of the best luxury, private tour providers in Athens, managed by Frank Kotsiopoulos, a professional driver who comes with an experience of 14 years of offering private tours in Athens as well as all over Greece, takes us through this beautiful city through custom made and flexible tours. Here is a sample itinerary
1. Start with a visit to the Acropolis where you see the Parthenon, the temple on the top of the sacred rock devoted to Goddess Athena, the Goddess of wisdom, the Propylea, the entrance to the sacred rock, the Temple of Wingless Victory which was devoted to Goddess Athena-Nike, the Erechtheum, the most sacred and mythical of all the temples of Athens with its famous Caryatides (female featured statues), the 5000-seat Odeon of Herodes Atticus which was carved into the rock and is still used for music festivals, the 13000-seat theatre of Dionysus where the Athenians listened to the immortal works of Sophocles, Aeschylus, Euripides and Aristophanes.
2. Head to the Temple of Olympian Zeus, the Panathinaic Stadium (where the Olympic Games were held for the first time in modern Athens in 1896), the Parliament, the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and the changing of the guards.
3. Drive through University Street that connects Constitution (Syntagma) Square with Concord (Omonia) Square-the second most important square in Athens and see the Academy, the University and the National Library followed by a drive up to Lycabettus Hill (highest point of Athens) where you can enjoy a panoramic view of the city.
4. Leave Athens and head for a 44-mile scenic drive along the coastal Poseidon Avenue we arrive to Cape Sounion. Most of the visitors agree that the drive to Cape Sounion is quite similar to the French Riviera area. Before reaching our final destination, we drive through the most beautiful suburbs of Athens: Old Phaleron, Glyfada, Voula, Vouliagmeni, Lagonissi and Old Fokea.
5. Make pit-stops for pictures on the sandy beaches, the yacht harbours, and the Vouliagmeni Lake whose water possesses therapeutic qualities.
6. Visit the Temple of Poseidon built on top of the hill, exactly at the meeting point of the Saronic Sea with the Aegean Sea. The temple was dedicated to God Poseidon, the lord of the Sea and it was there where all the sailors offered a last sacrifice to appease God Poseidon before leaving the safety of the Saronic Golf.
CLICK TO BOOK NOW!
HELLENIC PRIVATE TOURS
1. Private and flexible tours
2. Full day, Half Day, Night tours and combo tour options
3. Well-maintained, fully air-conditioned, smoke free Mercedes Benz taxis, minivans and minibuses
4. Polite and friendly English speaking drivers
5. Professional licensed tour guides with vast knowledge about the Greek history and culture
For more options and combo packages visit: www.hellenicprivatetours.com
Write to: firstname.lastname@example.org to book your tour now!