Five Reasons that make the Six Senses Laamu a top Wellness Destination this year
Six Senses Laamu is the only resort in the Laamu Atoll, deep in the Indian Ocean, surrounded by a beautiful coral house reef. Most of the villas and facilities are built overwater, however beach villas and on-land dining is an option. All villas offer a sense of privacy and seclusion, with an amazing view to the Ocean and Maldivian nature. The resort offers a wide range of dining options, with cuisines from around the world,a swimming pool with a sunken bar, an ice cream parlor, an overwater wine cellar and a signature Chill bar. Many activities, excursions and options are available for everyone to enjoy, both over water and underwater, in addition to the Six Senses Spa.
The resort is preparing for Aqua Season 2016, from May 1 to October 31, with a series of aqua, wellness and culinary events. Here is a low down on all the wellness events that are going to take place at the resort:
1. Surfing Season and International Surfing Day - Surfing season starts in April and lasts until early November. The Yin Yang, one of Maldives most famous surf breaks, is just a few minutes away from the resort and offers fantastic waves for experienced surfers. For those eager to learn, surf instructors offer lessons on one of the smaller breaks. On June 20, International Surfing Day is a celebration of surfers around the world to commemorate the oceans for providing this unique natural environment experience. Together with resort's partner Ocean Dimensions, a day full of surfing will be organized for guests, hosts and the local school and surfing club students.
2. A Spa Chef - Samantha Gowing is an accomplished chef and nutritionist and generally known as Australia’s Spa chef. She will be visiting Six Senses Laamu from May 2 to 9, offering workshops on Food Healing and Spa Food in Six Senses Spa, along with a wellness dinner at LEAF on May 5. She is an avid surfer and diver, so when not cooking, guests may be able to ride a few waves with her and find out more about her exciting wellness and culinary experiences.
3. Visiting Practitioners at the Six Senses Spa- Dr. Gopal, a visiting Ayurvedic and naturopathic doctor who specializes in Chinese acupuncture and moxibustion, Indian head massage and naturopathy, will be back at Six Senses Spa from May 1 to 31 and from August 16 to September 30. Jill Banwell and Claude Simard return to Six Senses Spa from July 1 to August 14, offering crystal healing and deep tissue massages respectively, among other treatments. From October 15 to September 30, Sommai, a passionate holistic therapist specializing in Tibetan Singing Bowls, acupuncture and tai chi will also be available at Six Senses Spa.
4. Global Wellness Day- The resort is excited to join this global movement every year on June 13, being true to one of its core values, “Pioneering Wellness”. On this day the wellness and fitness experts at Six Senses Spa will be offering complimentary classes, which include aerial yoga, fitness sessions, island running and much more.
5. International Day of Yoga- On June 21, all guests are invited to Six Senses Spa to enjoy a series of complimentary yoga classes throughout the day. These include aerial yoga, hatha yoga, yoga nidra, pranayama and more.
Six senses Laamu has the summer offer package available for guests. The package includes, among others, one complimentary night for every three nights booked, with half board meal plan included. So go ahead and plan your wellness escape now!